Thursday, November 1, 2018

BlizzCon 2018 Approaches!


Greetings again all. Silvite Soltis here.

As BlizzCon 2018 will be starting within the next day, I thought it would be a good time to discuss some of my thoughts leading up to it.

While I'm a huge fan of World of Warcraft, I've never been much into exactly what goes on at BlizzCon, though that's probably mostly due to the fact that I've never gone to it or bought a virtual ticket. This is the same for me this year, as 95% of the events and panels would be happening while I'm sleeping anyway.

However, this year they've really gotten my interest with the Classic WoW demo and related panel on day 2. I find myself wondering what will happen, how the demo will be, and what will be the same, and/or different with Vanilla this time around. Obviously, only time can tell, but my mind has been running like a racehorse around these ideas.

One thing I'm hoping to see, and the leaked screenshots seem to confirm this, is the option to keep graphics settings as they were in classic, or to upgrade them with modern PC capabilities. As my friends and family know, I love old games' graphics and typically enjoy what would now be considered retro games to newer ones. However, I think that having the option to crank it up a bit will help keep some more visually-focused players engaged and interested in the re-release.

I'm also greatly looking forward to seeing the panel on the development of WoW Classic to see how they've been able to create what they've done so far, as well as hear what some of the biggest problems and challenges have been. In particular, I'm curious whether they'll mention the "You think you do, but you don't" debacle as part of the development. Probably not (I'm sure J. Allen Brack wants to put that as far behind him as possible), but I think it'd be nice way for them to poke some fun at their own flub.

Anyway, I'm excited. Though I won't be able to see any of the announcements or the opening ceremony live this year (you know, halfway across the world with no virtual ticket), I can't wait to wake up tomorrow morning with all the news unfolding around me. I'm most hyped up for Classic news, as you can tell. But no matter who you are in the big Blizzard community, I'm sure there will be news and excitement for everyone this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment