Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Memories of Vanilla #7 - Brotherhood

Accurate representation of my brother and me
What's up dudes. Welcome back to my Memories of Vanilla series. Today, I have a fun memory to share with you. It's not really about vanilla content so much, nor is it something many people experienced. Rather, it's a bit of a personal story about my brother and me.

As you know, back in the day my brother and I both started playing WoW at our friend Leika's house. We made our characters on his account, and could only ever play when we went over to his house. Well, at that time, I was definitely closer friends with Leika than my brother was, and as a result I went over there way more often. My brother was also busy, being an active 17-year-old at that time, so he had other things to do. As a result, I leveled up much faster than he did. When I was doing Duskwood quests, he was still all the way back in Westfall.

Well, one day Leika and I were feeling particularly trollish and decided to play a bit of a mean prank on him. My brother may have done something to irritate one of us, or maybe not - I actually can't remember too clearly at this point. But, regardless of the reason, we thought it would be funny to mess with his progress by deleting his character from the account we all played on.

So, with lots of laughter, we logged in, stripped him down to his boxers, sold everything in his bags, and sent the tiny fortune of about 1 gold to Leika. After that, we logged out, and deleted the character - along with all the memories he'd made.

Yeah, we were jerks. But as teenage brothers, it was kind of normal for us to pull this kind of crap on each other. Still, when he eventually logged in to find his character missing from the login screen, I could hear his screams. And when he found out that it wasn't an accident, and that Leika and I had done it as a joke, I definitely got punched more than a few times.

Basically 10 gold to a level 3 paladin...
Looking back now, I deserved it. It really was a dick move on my part, but hey - that's what brothers do, right? Anyway, he swore off WoW for a while after that, maybe a month or two I guess, before finally buying his own copy and recreating his lost paladin. Unfortunately, his name had been snatched up during the lapse, so he had to become a bit creative the next time around. As for me, I felt pretty bad about what we'd done, so when he made his new paladin, I gave him something like 10 gold to get his new adventure started. To this day, though, he still gives me crap about how I deleted his first ever character, and I wonder if I've ever truly been forgiven.

I hope you enjoyed this brief tale of brotherly trolling. Like I said, I'm not 100% sure about when this happened, but it is definitely a vanilla memory that is near and dear to my heart. If you enjoyed this, or my other posts, follow my blog by adding your email down below. Follow me on Facebook and Twitter, and subscribe to my YouTube channel for more content. I'll have another story to tell here soon, but until next time guys...take it easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment